Thursday, February 28, 2008

pour something out for Sweetpea


After spending her life ripping up couches and crawling up sleeves. My beloved rat Sweetpea was put down a couple of days ago. Sweetpea grew up in my studio at Mills college where she had her first rat wheel and rat sized tankard of beer. When my time was up after two years she moved to my friend Ginelle's studio in the Headland's, where she lived until it got too cold and Ginelle's mother gave her a home in San Francisco. She recently became sick and Ginelle's mother took Sweetpea to the vet on several different occasions. After a brief stay in the ICU, Sweetpea was sent home for several more weeks of running around the house in San Francisco. Unfortunately her illness reoccurred and after all measures were taken and failed, Sweetpea was put to sleep. I did not know it was possible to become attached to a rat, but she had a wonderful playful personality that no one was able to resist. Sweetpea had many admirers for a rat and I am sure she will be missed. Sweet Pea was proceeded into the great beyond by her good friend Bun Bun who died last year

1 comment:

her kid said...

ima pour a little somfin out for sweet pea. I can see her now, jumping all around bunny who has settled in well to her afterlife and is really only pretending to be irritated to see sweetpea again.