Thursday, February 14, 2008

pastrami

One of the best things in life is cured meats. Today I had a five pound hunk of pastrami mailed to me from the Niman Ranch Farms. Since I live in a house of vegetarians, the onus is on me to finish it myself. With one sandwich down, the delicious saran wrapped carcass is sitting, inside the refrigerator waiting. I should be excited but I'm not sure what I have gotten myself into. How many sandwiches can one pastrami lover eat? I might not sleep well tonight.

3 comments:

her kid said...

i thought you were going to have a pastrami party! so you've decided to eat it all yourself, huh? glutton!

Inder-ific said...

Pastrami is smoked cow-behind. You, on the other hand, are a pig. Oink.

Anonymous said...

Pastrami is the most sensual of the cured meats. I'm more interested in your comment about not sleeping well. I've had the experience of pastrami inducing vivid dreams, have you?